Thursday, April 20, 2006

A little Concerning

Seeing the last few games of the A's, I'm beginning to get a little worried. I know, I know, the season's young, and we have well over a hundred games to go yet, and let's face it, the A's are never consistently good out of the starting box, but from what I've seen of the A's in the past, is that they seem to just have a general slump, no one seems to do really well. This time, we have a serious lack of stability within the players. Zito is all over the place, allowing runs and then pitching perfect to near perfect. The Duke has great days then struggles. Crosby, Johnson, Kotsay, are all hitting well below par, yet the ones that you might expect that from, or at least understand they won't be hitting like the previous three are red hot. Swisher is hitting like mad, Bradley is really doing well, Kendall is consistent. My worry is will this turn on it's head? Will Swisher and Bradley go into a slump, then Bradley, then Zito starts to pitch well, but then Street loses it, Crosby, Johnson, and Kotsay come back and hit well again, and we lose them to the DL? I believe we have a good team, but it seems we are struggling a bit to get all the players to play well, all at the same time. But then, it's still April, We're 2 weeks into a very long season, so maybe I should just hold my breath and wait it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Smithy said...

I would say Kendall has been consistent alright - consistently bad! The guy is a career 0.300 hitter and had the worst season of his career last year, offensively. I have been expecting him to bounce back this year, but so far he has looked awful, although he does have a penchant for getting on base. No power, and the BA is not what it should be. Hopefully he can pull it together as the season progresses.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home