Tuesday, November 01, 2005

DePodesta and Epstein : No Comment, thank you

Some people have asked me why I have nothing to say on the firing of DePodesta from the Dodgers and Epstein leaving the Red Sox. It's not that I don't care, I do, but neither event has anything to do with the A's organization.

First and foremost I want this blog to concentrate on the Oakland A's and their minor league affiliates. Now if the departures of DePodesta and Epstein had some kind of imminent impact on the A's, then sure I would discuss it here, but I don't think they do.

There has been some rampant rumors on some messageboards that DePodesta or Epstein might get snatched up by the A's organization. Keep dreaming. Unless they both are very comfortable with taking a HUGE paycut and being relegated to lesser positions under Billy Beane, it just isn't going to happen. If anything does miraculously change and we find out one of them is coming to the A's organization then sure, I will be happy to discuss the issue.

There. I said I wasn't going to comment on the situation and look what I have done, rambled on for 3 paragraphs. Enough said, no comment, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home